InfaWorld2006

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Partner Fair

All the usual suspects are the partner fair. I figure it isn't polite to name only a few names, so I'll just link to the list.


Although you can't tell, this is a demo of the new Java transformation available in PowerCenter 8. I think that was one of the better additions to PC. It provides easier access to an environment that allows you to easily implement more classic procedural logic: looping, recursion, etc. I've never really jumped on the Java bandwagon - I grew up as a real programmer with real programming languages like 68k assembler, Scheme, and C. Embedding Java in databases seemed like a silly idea to me, but I think I'm finally coming around to the whole idea of embedding Java in other tools. (I still call it the COBOL of the 90's, though.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home